Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Last Week's Likes - Trinidad

Sada Roti and Chokas from Trinidad
This past weekend I was in Trinidad and my only request was to have sada roti for breakfast at least once.
Request granted - we had breakfast at Frankie's on Friday.
Yum!
Sada roti is a plain roti (flatbread/wrap thingy) that is served with different chokas (aka chokha: is a vegetable mash thingy)... and the combo is mmmmm MMMMM GOOD!
On our plate is whole wheat sada rotis, eggplant (baigan) choka, tomato choka, green bean choka, okra choka and pumpkin choka.
Tomato and Eggplant are my favourites.


Going Down the Islands in Trinidad
We had the opportunity to go down the islands not only one but two days.
Now 'going down the islands' simply means getting on a boat and escaping the hustle and bustle of Port-of-Spain, cruising to one of the islands nearby and either anchoring in a bay or relaxing at an island home (aka cottage).
Time slows down when you are down the islands. Both days were so relaxing.

Our boat anchored in Chacachacare


Mockingjay... 3rd book of The Hunger Games triology
I got it on my bedside table and I have tried my best to find time to pick it up... but this is proving to be difficult. Not because the book is boring... but because that valuable thing called 'time' is no where to be found.
If I was 'down the islands' I would have the time :-)
So far so good though!



Helpful Links
Check out Frankie's on Facebook (it is also a bar): HERE
Recipe for Sada Roti and Eggplant (Baigan) Chokha: HERE

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games) find out more: HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment