Monday, November 5, 2012

Donate your wedding dress to a good cause...

Happy Monday!

This morning I sent my mum off to the airport in a white Escalade (the airport limo company sent him = quite over-the-top really!). At least it was roomy and comfortable.

While my mum was visiting we finally unearthed her wedding dress that was happily cooling out in my grandmother's storage room for a mere 28 years.

It was time.


My mum had the dress professionally cleaned and boxed up after her wedding day but before the big reveal (28 years later) we had no idea what it was going to look like. Yellow?? Holey?? 

We are happy to report that the dress is in immaculate condition and only has wrinkles to show for its time in exile storage.


We are also happy to report that the dress will be given to an amazing cause (and no longer waiting in vain). 

My mum stumbled upon The Brides' Project: a Toronto based organization that collects wedding dress donations, sells the dresses to new brides and all profits go to cancer research. 

How amazing is that?

Before we gave it away - we had to play dress up. It was a little surreal to try on my mum's wedding dress and have it relatively fit. 


As much as I would love to say I wore my mum's wedding dress - I am happy to know it is going to a good cause and hopefully will be there for the start of another successful union.

Also the puffy sleeves and satin finish are not my taste. I will cross that bridge when I get there.

Has anyone wore or would like to wear their mum's wedding dress?
Or are you storing your wedding dress for a rainy day?

No comments:

Post a Comment