Wednesday, October 5, 2011

First Photowalk with the BPS


So I know I keep bigging up the Barbados Photographic Society - but I just got to. My first photo walk was about 3 weeks ago and we went to Bulkeley Sugar Factory - all organized by the BPS. It was refreshing to be in other photographers company - other people with tripods and camera bags - I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Now this isn't a working sugar factory as far as I know. It is in fact very run down but the lack of human activity has resulted in a mossy, moldy, rusty, overgrown property full of interesting texture and colours. The early wake up call allowed us to photograph around sunrise - so we got good morning, warm light.

I took a whole bunch of photos but while going through all of the ones I edited - I noticed that not only did I focus on different textures (rust, moss, bricks, vines, etc.) I got a lot of photographs of doors and windows. When I am taking photos I am realising that I am drawn to symmetry and architectural features - I like lines whether round, straight, or curved.

So here are some windows and doors - who would have thought that a factory would have such an array!! :)










Conquered my first photo walk and 4am wake up call - that called for a photo of myself!! Thank you self timer.

Since this walk I have done another photowalk along the east coast of Barbados. Those photos are soon to come - just need to be edited.

No comments:

Post a Comment