Thursday, October 13, 2011

Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk in Barbados

About two weeks ago I went on my second official photo walk. The walk was organized by the BPS (Barbados Photographic Society) and was part of the Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photowalk

Consett Bay

Approximately fifty people attended the walk and we all meet up at Codrington College. This way no one would get lost on the drive down to Consett Bay where the walk commenced at 5:30am sharp (crazy person hour). To get there on time I had to rise out of a very deep slumber at 4:00am on a Saturday morning - pretty sure I am going to think long and hard before doing that again.

Once my mind and body were alert-ish, and I arrived safely at Consett Bay with fellow photo-takers, I got into the photo-taking mood. On the walk we visited 2 bays/beaches and one cliffside on the East Coast (Atlantic Ocean side of Barbados). Beautiful!!

Photo compliments Google.com and the magic of Photoshop

Despite the beautiful rugged scenery I wasn't too enthused to take photos of the sea and bays. Now I am not 100% why but I figure it was one or a mix of the following reasons:
  • waking up on the wrong side of the bed (highly doubt this - because I found enough time in the morning to make eggs and brew coffee before heading off)
  • not having the right equipment to shoot landscapes
  • the weather was not ideal for landscapes shots (it was a hazy morning)
  • not remembering how to do bracketing (taking 3 images at different exposures - correct, over, and under exposed photos - so that you can combine them to create on immaculate High Dynamic Range (HDR) photograph).
  • or that landscapes just aren't my thing


However I did enjoy finding the quirky objects that might have been over-looked details of our surroundings. I photographed two signs that were displayed in an area that appeared to be the common area for the fisherfolk to drink and socialize. Take a read of the above and below signs - priceless!

Grandmaster Earl Bobsy Watson (a damn good name for a security dog)



Below are some other photos of the day!

Photo-taking friends :)
The cliffside we visited - but my sea is over exposed and the cliffside under exposed :( boo
Another quirky-ish shot - an improvement from my first attempt at photographing weeds.
After the walk I returned to Codrington College to take photographs of the lily pond - you will see those photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment