Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Last Week's Likes

I like structure. I like being somewhat organized. I like consistency.

As a result of the above likes, I have decided to do a post a week (I will be aiming to post it every Monday even though it is now Tuesday) that tells you about some things I liked about the previous week. These likes will be random. They will be in no particular order. They will give you a little insight into me and they will hopefully spark other posts (fingers crossed).

So Last Week's Likes are:

Publishing a blog post
Slightly insignificant but a Week's Like nonetheless. Three months is a long hiatus to take from this little blog, however: "distance makes the heart grow fonder" (I think). So I am back and I am fond of my return.

Beetroot Slaw
I have a soft spot for healthy food and oddly not a soft spot for soft serve ice-cream (it is STRANGE but I am not complaining). Due to my odd tendency to gravitate to healthy food options, I occasionally pop into healthy food stores, endlessly browse through healthy food blogs, and more-than-I-would-like-to-admit I buy random ingredients and stash them in my parents' freezer or pantry with the intention to make/create/discover something healthy.
On this note, last week's discovery and now consequently a Week's Like is a raw beetroot slaw (can't say I was a beet buyer before but now they might just magically appear in the fridge more often).
For the slaw all I did was:
- peel beets
- then grate beets
- then dress beets with some olive oil, lemon juice
- then season beets with salt, pepper, fresh coriander, garlic
- and finally - eat and enjoy beets
It was simple, nutritious, delicious, healthy and cheap! I was inspired by Maria's Toasted Buckwheat and Beetroot Salad over at Scandi Foodie (one of my fav healthy food blogs).

Greenery
Last week I took a few minutes, ventured into my garden and cut myself some green leaves for my bedroom and bathroom. Arranging some greenery in lovely vases and then into living spaces - made me happy. This is something I got to keep up :)


Supporting the Fam
My dad and his brothers sailed in the Mount Gay Rum Round Barbados Race 2012. The lovely crew of the Whistler, a J105 with a bright green spinnaker, sailed spectacularly and placed 2nd in their class. The supporters/spectators/my mum and I followed the boats by land, stopping at different points on the island to watch (not an easy sport to spectate). Our last spectating spot was my favourite. We sat at Tapas where we promptly ordered a bottle of bubbly (the reason is the next like) and were given a complimentary dessert by my very talented friend, Anni.




Prosecco with a Bittersweet Chocolate Tart and homemade Pistachio Ice-Cream!  


New Member of the Family (saving the best for last)
Theodore is the newest member of the Lewis family. He was born on Saturday and I had the pleasure of meeting the little dude on Sunday. I got a cuddle - he is very precious!


Toodles x

No comments:

Post a Comment