Friday, January 27, 2012

Fun Photo Friday

I decided to feature a "fun" photo on Fridays.

It will be a photo that I have taken and it will either be of a creative nature or something random that makes you laugh, smile, say "awww"/"oohhh".

So today I randomly selected a creative photo that had a slightly accidental conception.

When I took this photo I decided to leave the shutter on the camera open (the lens) because it was a low light environment and I had a tripod. I pushed the picture-taking button and at that very moment I had completely forgot at what shutter speed the camera was set. Uh-oh! As soon as I took this photo the little monitor on the camera goes black and I had no way (that I know) of checking this pretty vital bit of manuel picture-taking information. No biggie... right?

So I wait - figure something is happening and the processed photo will eventually pop up on monitor.

Continue waiting.

Begin to inspect finger nails because I am still waiting.

Nothing.

So I pick up my camera, due to impatience and click - the shutter closes and up pops the photo on the monitor.

TAAAA - DAAAA!


I had the shutter open for a whole 30 seconds. No wonder I had time to inspect my nails.

The photo isn't amazing but it is a beautiful mistake. The warm glow and the streaks of light. I like it... a lot.

Hence it is my first "Fun Photo Friday" Photo (now that is a mouthful).

Photo was taken at Timothy Oulton's furniture showroom in Barbados.



ps. It's Friday!!!!

Find out more about leaving your shutter open HERE

Find out more about the Timothy Oulton store and brand HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment