Thursday, January 19, 2012

2012 - here we go!

Here I am again and this time I am not apologizing for my absence in the last 3 months... simply because I have done a fair bit. So to get back into the blogging groove, I am going to share some of my accomplishments/things-I-did-that-kept-me-away-from-blogging in the last 3 months in no particular order.


I bought a new camera. (BIG DEAL)
I upgraded from my Canon Rebel to a Canon 60D - so far I love it even though it burnt a hole in my pocket. It is easy to use, fun flip around screen, better in low light situations, and there is video (a completely new and exciting area to explore).
My child

I received my second photography award.
I entered two photographs into NIFCA (a local competition) and I received a bronze for my macro (a big picture of something tiny) photograph entitled "Eye of the Storm". Try and guess what the photograph is of (answer at the bottom of the post).



I single handedly hung a gallery wall in my bedroom of B&W photographs.
Eventually I will do a post on how I did this successfully and stress free but below is a little tease of what it looks like.

Old photographs

I had a vacation and enjoyed Christmas.
I smartly took off the three days in between the Christmas long weekend and the New Years long weekend et voila - a mini vacation that lasted a glorious 10 days. This was necessary because Christmas is always a busy time of the year.



I have planned and paid for my next vacation.
I am heading up to Halifax, Nova Scotia and Toronto, Ontario (all in Canada) in February to visit some special people. I am extremely excited and can't wait to dress up in winter clothes (bought some new things to update my university winter wardrobe), do winter things, go to a Canadian grocery store, and go out for fresh seafood dinners.

Me in Ottawa and I want to say this is in 2006

I sold my first photograph.
Actually I sold four of my photographs to a local interior designer - Studio J Designs. It was a last minute job that I grabbed by the reins and ran with it. And bonus - she liked and bought my stuff. Amazing!

One of the photographs I sold :)

I set big-ish goals for 2012... all achievable.
Will let you know what they are when they are completed - not ready to share these yet.

Will blog again soon :P at least that is the plan!

ps. Answer is - the eye of a dead fish on an overcast day.

5 comments:

  1. i love when you post! the fish is insane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like i am back at it - trying to think of what weekly things i want to post about. I need structure for this to work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing as always! can't wait to show you halifax!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Di! Congrats on the awards and selling your photos!

    ReplyDelete