Monday, January 30, 2012

Last Week's Likes

Breakfast on the weekend
There is just something special about breakfast on the weekend. You can make it lazily. Breakfast can magically turn into brunch. You can try a new recipe or ingredient. Breakfast can be unhealthy/healthy. You usually enjoy breakfast with others that you love.

Weekend breakfast beats weekday breakfast any day!

This Saturday my mum and I enjoyed: A slice of wholewheat toast slathered in fluffy ricotta cheese topped with two medium poached eggs and garnished with sautéed buttery onions and mushrooms and a sprig of something green. We liked it so much that we did a replay on Sunday morning.

Saturday we garnished it with basil. Sunday we garnished it with cilantro/coriander. I think I prefer basil but both worked well as a garnish.


Saturday's breakfast (garnished with basil)

Teatime at the Yacht Club Barbados
I have been going to the Yacht Club since I was a new born. I have grown up playing on the swing set, frolicking in the sea, playing hide-and-seek in the boathouse, attending sailing camp and tennis lessons after school.

I have now graduated to lolling in the sea, rum punches and afternoon tea.

The one thing that has remained consistent from my tot days to my young twenties (besides the green beach tables, the main clubhouse decor, the bar/kitchen staff, the swing set (I guess the Yacht Club is a pretty consistent place) is tea time! 

A spot of tea with a slice of cinnamon toast with a Bajan Sunset - is not a bad combo my friend! Consequently it is a Last Week's Like: as I do not get there too often.

Generic white china — got to love the simplicity!

Macaroni and Cheese (indulgence)
Last week I indulged big time: I had my all time childhood favourite processed comfort food - KRAFT DINNER.

Mum and I had a lazy Saturday night — stayed in, watched "The Blind Side" and indulged in the tried and true Macaroni and Cheese. This is such a rare occurrence and I loved every minute of it.


Spending the weekend with my mum
When the boys are away the girls will play!

With Dad off sailing mum and I had the weekend to do girly things. We went out for dinner, went to an estate sale, tea at the Yacht Club, movie night in, visited Hunte's Gardens, and had lunch at The Crane hotel with old family friends.

It was a great weekend! 
Mum at Hunte's Gardens
Some helpful links: 
Step by step instructions on How to Poach an Egg without buying any contraptions: HERE
You can find out more information on The Barbados Yacht Club: HERE
You can see reviews on the movie The Blind Side: HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment