Friday, April 20, 2012

Fun Photo Friday - Whirlwind (panning photography)

Happy Friday All!

So I nearly forgot all about Fun Photo Friday... my days continue to be busy... a virtual whirlwind (hence the photo)!

To demonstrate the feeling in my head I have a "panning" shot to share with you. To explain, "Panning" is when you move your camera along with the moving subject and you end up with a semi sharp subject and a blurred background.

Panning shots have a feeling of movement and speed. To achieve this affect you have to take into account your shutter speed (it is recommended to start at 1/30 second and play around from there).


My panning shot above is of a government transport board bus in Barbados. Unfortunately the bus is mostly blurry... that is probably because I took this photo at 1/8 second.

I like the photo nonetheless... the afternoon sun coming though the bus windows, the warped/whirlwind effect, an Alice-in-Wonderland falling down the rabbit hole feeling.

Anyway I hope that everyone is as excited for the weekend as I am :-)

Go be merry!

Helpful link
How to master panning - photographying moving objects: HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment