Wednesday, April 18, 2012

one day on earth on Earth Day

I recycle... not all the time... but most of the time. 
I cringe if I through plastic into a garbage bin. That has to be a sign that I am relatively "green".
I planted 5 trees last week. This is a big deal because unfortunately I have not been gifted with a green thumb. But one day I will have a green thumb — it is on my "when I grow up list" — so it is pretty much a guarantee.

However there is always room for improvement.

On that note... this Sunday, 22 April 2012 is EARTH DAY!!! WAAAHOOOO :-)

Earth Day is a day to promote environmental eduction and awareness because everyone has a right to a clean and healthy environment. 
There is a whole network dedicated to increasing awareness and you can find more information about the Earth Day NetworkHERE
The network wants to reach a goal of One Billion Acts of Green. When I visited the site this morning, they were at 977,875,556 pledges.
If you want to help them reach their goal and ultimately improve the sustainability of our planet...
GO AND MAKE A PLEDGEHERE 
My pledge was: To plant a garden at school or at home (will keep you posted)


In other feel-good earthy news, there is a motion picture coming out on Earth Day (this Sunday) entitled One Day on Earth. The movie documents the world's story in one day. 
Documentary filmmakers, students and other world citizens filmed on 11th November 2011 (11.11.11) and the footage was compiled to bring you, One Day on Earth.

I can't wait to see it. Here is the trailer to get you interested as well:


Helpful links
The whole history of Earth Day can be found: HERE

Go to One Day on Earth's website: HERE
If you want to read about the history of One Day on Earth go: HERE

If you are in Barbados and want to attend the free global screening... go to Southern Palms Beach Club and Resort Hotel, St. Lawrence Gap, Christ Church at 6:15pm this Sunday.


ps. My header is green this month... is that a coincidence??? I think not... it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment