Monday, April 2, 2012

Last Week's Likes

3D Movies - My First Time
On Tuesday I watched a 3D movie for the first time. NO - I have not been living under a rock for my entire life (I know that is probably what you were thinking).
Actually, I went with two of my good buddies who also had never seen a 3D movie.
The three of us went to see Dr. Seuss' The Lorax.
The cinema was packed with young ones but we were the biggest kids in there. We ordered the largest popcorn, sat there with the biggest grins on our faces and our eyes glued to the screen.

Lorax - was such a cute movie with a great message about caring for the environment (and not being a greedy bugger). Our favourite quote was:

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. It's not." 

We of course had to get some photos of us in the groovy 3D glasses

Fresh Bay Leaves
We have a bay leaf tree in our back yard. This week I used the leaves in a red lentil soup and for April's Header. The bay leaf is very aromatic and adds such a nice earthy note to your food. I tend to use them most in soups and stews.
Last week, I used them fresh from the tree but it is recommended to let them dry for several days so they develop their full flavour.


Pinterest
I started using Pinterest last week and I am thoroughly enjoying it.
It allows me to save images online and organize them into folders onto virtual pinboards that I can constantly update. I also get to see what my friends find interesting on the web.
Pinterest is a smart little tool. I am not addicted yet but according to others — it will not take long!

My PinBoards page - I have some pinning to do but this is my start :)

Helpful links:
Go see the trailer and get more information about Dr. Seuss' The Lorax Movie: HERE
Tips from the Lorax on how to be more environmentally friendly: HERE

More information on the Bay Leaf: HERE

Go get a Pinterest account: HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment