Monday, April 9, 2012

Last Week's Likes

A cup of tea on the East Coast
On Monday I went to a sleep over.
When are you too old to go on a sleep over?
If you get the chance to stay somewhere with good people - I say you are never too old.
I spent the night at a beach house on the East Coast with my cousin and her family.
The best part of the sleep over was waking up with the sun, taking our tea on the beach and having a morning swim in the Atlantic Ocean. It was a great place to start the day.




Sewing a pillow insert
When I was in Canada I bought a throw pillow for my bed. Unfortunately I couldn't pack the insert cushion (the throw cushion is about 24" x 24"). So the very empty cushion has been sitting and waiting patiently for its filler. Finally I got the guts and pulled out my mum's sewing machine. It didn't even take me an hour to measure, sew, stuff, and insert a cushion into this case - it was like arts and crafts!



Easter hunts
Now continuing with the "when are you too old to" questions...
When are you too old to do an easter hunt?
According to my Martha Stewart mum - both my dad and I will never be too old... and we agree!
Mum put together a 7 clue treasure hunt around our house. Each clue was a puzzle to help you find the next clue until you found the final prize.
My final prize was dark chocolate easter eggs and a SHAPE magazine.
It was so much fun!



Celebrating birthdays
Now you are never too old to have a birthday party.
Last night our family celebrated my grandfather's (aka papa) 82nd birthday!
This man started it all and we love him dearly.


The moral of my Last Week's Likes is: 
You are never too old for sleep overs, arts and crafts, easter egg hunts or birthday parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment