Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Eat, Pray, Love

A couple nights ago, I curled up and watched the movie Eat, Pray, Love starring Julia Roberts. The movie is about a married lady who realizes how unhappy she is in life and after her divorce decides to travel the world to rediscover herself. She travels to three places in the span of 1 year: Italy (food), India (pray), and Bali (love). Now I haven't read the book (which according to most is much better - I could have guessed that) but the movie still moved me.

Photo credit: www.good-wallpaper.com

As a individual, I was inspired to dream of the places I would like to travel for prolonged periods of time. And let us just say if I had to pick only three, I am not sure where I would start as about ten come to mind instantly. I was also inspired to look at myself and decide if I was happy with and really did love the person I am/ I am becoming. I feel like I am rambling a bit... but the movie did make me dream and reflect.

Photo credit: www.entertainmentwallpaper.com




All in all, these discoveries and rediscoveries will come and I will continuously reflect and dream. So far I concluded that I am content and anxious for the next phase of my life - whatever that might be. Now I am going to share my most favourite quote of the entire movie:

"'Dolce far niente', the sweetness of doing nothing."

This Italian saying is simple, and to the point. There are times that the best medicine is to enjoy life and take a seat, relax, dine, nap, lay on the grass and so on. I assume this was my favourite quote because I have a tendency to feel guilty when I am doing nothing (because I think I should be reading, completing chores, making something, crossing something off of that endless to do list) and I exhaust myself. And even when I have consciously decided to do nothing, I take a while to settle and relax. Does this happen to most people?

This saying makes me want to take a siesta every afternoon and read in bed every morning before breakfast. Sip rum punches and eat pasta everyday.

Photo credit: www.fanpop.com

Two other quotes that were great:
"Balance is not letting anyone love you less than you love yourself."
"Losing balance in love is living balance in life."

However I wouldn't know too much about this love area just yet... but the quotes are lovely!

Anyways, go and watch the movie or read the book... I recommend it highly!

No comments:

Post a Comment