Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Spinach and Blue Cheese Scrambled Eggs

Now to make this perfectly portioned breakfast for two follow this recipe:
(Some of the measurements below are approximations since the recipe was written after the fact)


6 slices of bacon
2 cups spinach roughly chopped
1 onion chopped
1 clove of garlic
4 eggs
2 tbs milk (indulge with cream instead)
3 tbs blue cheese crumbles (plus some crumbles for garnish)
2 slices of toast (your choice)
Salt to taste

  • Fry bacon in a large pan
  • After the bacon has finished to your likeness, drain off most of the bacon fat leaving enough to lightly line the bottom of the pan
  • Add a chopped onion and a pinch of salt to the pan and saute
  • Add 1 crushed clove of garlic continue to saute on medium heat
  • Before garlic browns add spinach (I like it chopped because it then distributes more evenly amongst the scrambled eggs)
  • In separate bowl lightly whisk eggs with milk
  • Turn the heat on the pan down to low and add whisked eggs
  • Stir gently and cover the pan (this is my secret to great eggs: low low heat and cover on equals perfect eggs every time)
  • Stir occasionally and just before they are finished add blue cheese crumbly bits
  • Remove from heat when the eggs are at your desired cooked consistency 
  • Toast bread
  • Serve by stacking the scrambled eggs on the bacon on the toast and finish with a few more crumbly blue cheese bits and fresh herb of choice (for my recipe I used dried parsley - it was available to me) 

    3 comments:

    1. I wanna learn how to make this for my boyfriend, Im a horrible cook, the only place I can cook is Louie's restaurant Papas Games. :( thanks very much for the amazing recipe.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I agree, eggs are versatile and I wouldn't be able to eliminate them from my diet. Those scrambled eggs look great, So if you want more info about this topic then visit www.howtly.com/to-make-scrambled-eggs.

      ReplyDelete