Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Updated Fortune Cookies

I remember as a kid loving getting Chinese food, simply for the final treat - the Fortune Cookie. The cookie that held your fortune, the fortune that was specifically for you and no one else at the dinner table.

Yesterday, I packed a lunch for work (as I am trying to cut back on grabbing fast food), and was pleasantly surprised when two items in my paper bag had messages to be revealed. After devouring my grilled fish and wholewheat pasta leftovers, I cracked opened my Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla Yogurt, proceeded to lick the cover and discovered a lovely little message/fitness advice.

"Dance your way to fitness - get started with 10 minutes a day."

Brillant!



Wonder if the next yogurt in the fridge, will have the same message or if Dannon actually dishes out different tidbits of fitness advice.

Next was my lovely YOGI Green Tea Pomegranate that I brew at around 3pm on a weekday. Now I have been sipping and enjoying this tea for a little while and have never noticed the same message twice. My message yesterday was humbling and perfectly simple:

"The best way of life is to be, simply be."



Now I feel like Chinese ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment