Thursday, May 5, 2011

Photography: New Member of the Barbados Photographic Society

Today I received an email that confirmed my brand spanking new membership to the Barbados Photographic Society. It has taken me a few months to finally get my Registration form and fees in but now I can scratch that off the TO DO LIST! Everything is in and now I am a member... WAHOO!

I am a newbie to the world of photography. In the summer of 2010, I participated in a 12 week photography course. The course was once a week for 3 hrs and it really jump started my photo-taking skills. Today, I am totally comfortable with my Canon Rebel XS on manual mode (with a capital M). Currently I am participating in a Photoshop course to help broaden my skill set. So far so good... will show some of the things I am learning in a later post.

Otherwise I am glad to be part of this 82 member strong society in this small island. I want this membership to really push me to excel and also to expand my networks :)

Getting to know my new friend - August 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment