Monday, March 12, 2012

Last Week's Likes

Light Photography with my Canadian cousins
As I mentioned in a previous post, I have family visiting from Canada - my uncle and his family. 

So one evening, I wanted to do something cool with my three young boy cousins (3, 7, and a 9 year old) instead of watching them watch television. We started by exploring the garden — I showed them the lime tree, bay leaf tree, the coconut tree, the almond tree, and all the other quirky things in our yard.

That got old pretty quick.

Then I had the brilliant idea to show them light photography. We all got flashlights and other light devices, set up the tripod and cleared the patio so we could move around.

The photo below is of the three boys moving around.

From left to right:
7-year old with an LED flashlight
9-year old with a regular tungsten light flashlight
3-year old with a rear bicycle light


Having a pleasant photo-op surprise
After our light photography session, I ventured into the garden to take some photos of the full moon rising. As soon as I was all settled and all the manual settings on my camera set for the moon — a cloud came and hid the moon. It was a big cloud... shucks!

So I decided to wait.

All of a sudden I see the boys march out of the living room and head straight to our bamboo patch with flash lights in hand.

It was nice to see them exploring and hear them chatting to one another. I took the photo below along with some others and completely forgot about the moon.

Boys exploring the bamboo patch

Bubbly on the beach on a Thursday
Last Thursday my brother came home for March break from boarding school. My mum made a little fuss and decided to have Prosecco at sunset.

And that is exactly what we did. It was lovely!


Merton's Fish Fry at Moon Town, St. Lucy, Barbados
Last Thursday we ventured up to the north of Barbados for some local fish fry.

Moon Town is the simplest of towns. It is a fishing town with a fishing market, a restaurant (fish fry), a supermarket, hardware store, karaoke bar, a few churches and two funeral homes. Merton serves up fresh fish (mahi mahi, tuna or marlin), chicken or pork with local sides (breadfruit, rice and peas or macaroni pie). YUM!!

I highly recommend everyone try it!


Helpful links:
More on light photography to come :) so no link today!

If you want to read more on Prosecco go: HERE

Merton's Fish Fry is listed as the top fish fry in Barbados on TripAdvisor: HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment