Monday, March 19, 2012

Last Week's Likes

Starting the second book in the trilogy: "Catching Fire"
As I mentioned a couple Last Week's Likes ago, I started reading The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. I finished the first book, The Hunger Games and it was great... thrilling, nail-biting and overall an easy read... I completed it in 9 days flat. Now 9 days is fast for me because unlike the avid reader, I  pretty much only read before bed and I can happily put a book down. My book club buddy on the other hand finished the book in one day.
So far we are both enjoying Catching Fire - for me it has been a seamless transition from the first book.


St. Patrick's Day
St. Patrick's Day is usually celebrated by painting a clover somewhere on your body, drinking green beer and listening to Irish music. At least that is how I celebrated it for the last six years. 2012 was different. My uncle's wedding fell on the 17th and I couldn't show up expecting to indulge in a pint of Guinness.
However, in honour of the drinking holiday, I ordered a Heineken (because the bottle is green) with my lunch. I had lunch at Cassareep Cafe in Speightstown. It was lovely!


Chandeliers in trees
The wedding on Saturday was elegant and classic. The villa was decorated with white linens, white orchids, pink Champagne and crystal chandeliers hanging from large, regal trees. As you can tell I especially loved the chandeliers that lit up the garden. 
When I grow up - I wouldn't mind some chandeliers in my trees (that is of course if I own trees).


This little man's outfit 
My cousin's 19 month old son was adorably dressed for the wedding on Saturday. He trotted around the garden in his Vans the entire evening getting loads of attention.


A PONG Party
Now I am not sure where this term comes from but I learnt it from my parents.
A PONG Party: is a party after a party. It is a get together after an event to talk about that event. Questions such as: Who danced with who? Who drank too much? Who had the best outfit? Are asked and answered.
It derives from the popular game: PING PONG.
At the event you PING and the next day you PONG, hence the term PONG Party!
So yesterday the families of both the bride and groom regrouped at the villa for amazing food, long sea bathes and lots of chat.

A photo of the seaside patio in HDR


Helpful links:
If you want to know more about "Catching Fire" you can go: HERE
Or if you want to buy it, you can go: HERE

There is more to St. Patrick's Day than green beer... read more: HERE
Cassareep Cafe website: HERE

The chandelier of my dreams (for indoors): HERE

The little man's outfit came from Jcrew... check it out: HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment